- Oracle Communications today announced that Etisalat Nigeria, a leading Nigerian communications service provider, has gone live with Oracle Communications Data Model, which helps it more quickly analyze growing volumes of diverse data, and make better business decisions.
- Oracle Communications Data Model allows Etisalat Nigeria to analyze data across multiple business areas – including customer, revenue and network management – to react quickly to technological, regulatory and business challenges in both prepaid and postpaid markets.
- Upon implementing Oracle Communications Data Model on Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-2 Half Rack, Etisalat Nigeria reduced the time required to aggregate and analyze data by 99 percent (1). The company can now load call detail records in near real-time, and has gained improved insight to the behavior of its customers and their propensity to churn.
- Now able to make decisions based on near real-time data, Etisalat Nigeria can take immediate action to prevent customer churn, deliver personalized promotions and identify and address revenue leakage sources.
- The solution includes pre-built dashboards and other customized components to jumpstart development and reduce the cost, complexity and risk of data integration. Implemented in just eight months, Oracle Communications Data Model also provides Etisalat Nigeria the flexibility to upgrade systems faster and efficiently as market conditions change.
- Oracle Communications Data Model is purpose-built for communications service providers and has been conformance certified with the industry’s TM Forum Information Framework (SID) standard, which fosters interoperability with providers’ systems.
- Etisalat Nigeria has deployed Oracle Communications Data Model on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, which offers extreme data warehousing performance with faster upload and query speeds.
- Etisalat also implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g to increase the efficiency of its business operations and gain additional contextual and actionable insight.
- Etisalat selected Oracle’s technology following a competitive evaluation to replace its legacy business intelligence (BI) systems, which lacked the functionality, performance and scalability for a dynamic and responsive BI environment.
- The Oracle Communications technology was implemented by Oracle PartnerNetwork Gold Level Partner Bluechip Technologies Ltd, Nigeria.
The Oracle Communications Data Model and Exadata solution has greatly improved our ability to quickly and efficiently retrieve and analyze data from a variety of sources. Transactional data is processed in near real-time, taking about 45 minutes to process data for a full day, which is a significant improvement on the eight hours it used to take to process the same data. Oracle’s technology has allowed us to offer customers relevant and personalized services, which we can quickly make available. Because the project only took eight months to implement, we were able to experience benefits much sooner than expected,” said Ajibola Ajia, IT Specialist, Intelligence, Implementation & Integration, Etisalat Nigeria.
Considering the current data explosion in the telecommunications space, it was critical for Etisalat to implement technologies capable of collecting and getting the most from data in its various markets. The Oracle Communications Data Model running on Oracle Exadata provides Etisalat with a scalable and flexible solution, ensuring it remains competitive and maintains its position as a leading communications provider in the region,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.